20000831: SMSU apparently hasn't begun using new PNG decoders

>From: address@hidden

Bill,

First, I forwarded your message about your network/IDD difficulties to
Jeff Weber, so he should be getting back to you later today.

Second, a month and a half ago I announced (to ldm-users, gembud, and
mcidas-x) the availability of a new ldm-mcidas distribution that
contains a new decoder, pnga2area, that is needed to decode the PNG
compressed, Unidata-Wisconsin imagery.  I have been keeping track of
who has downloaded the distribution, and I see that you apparently have
not.  Please let me know if I am mistaken in this.

I will be sending an announcement at the end of the day today that
reminds people that the delta-encoded imagery (decoded with lwtoa3)
will be removed from the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream on September 15.

Please let me know how I can help you download/build/install/configure
the new decoder so you won't be caught short.

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu Aug 31 09:41:18 2000
>Subject: Re:  20000831: SMSU apparently hasn't begun using new PNG decoders

Thanks Tom.  Will do this PM.