[IDV #AAE-286377]: Simone - Issues with creating a 3D map

> > Good morning,
> > I was able to open your bundle once and play with it but then I tried re
> > opening it and now it gives me many errors (attached).
> >

> The error is the network problem with the remote TDS server. I can not
> reproduce it.
>
> > I am sorry but I can't seem to understand. I see the topography, but now
> > what type of display should I be able to do? It still does not allow me to
> > do anything like vertical transects or isosurfaces. It does not allow me to
> > do point cloud either. It allows me to do the point plot.
> >
> I removed the topo display in the attached bundle.  Basically, it is a point
> display colored by the temperature. I did change the vertical scale to move
> the display to the center (see
> attached image), The vertical scale icon is at the left tool bar of the view
> window.
>
> Yuan
>
> > Also, on my Mac it does not let me drag and rotate the figure how can I fix
> > that? When I open your bundle I can see the figure from top to bottom, as
> > soon as I move it, it turns solid so I cannot see through it anymore.
> >
> > What data types would allow me to do more and more easily?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Simone
>

> Good morning,
> I was able to open your bundle once and play with it but then I tried re
> opening it and now it gives me many errors (attached).
>
> I am sorry but I can't seem to understand. I see the topography, but now what
> type of display should I be able to do? It still does not allow me to do
> anything like vertical transects or isosurfaces. It does not allow me to do
> point cloud either. It allows me to do the point plot.
>
> Also, on my Mac it does not let me drag and rotate the figure how can I fix
> that? When I open your bundle I can see the figure from top to bottom, as
> soon as I move it, it turns solid so I cannot see through it anymore.
>
> What data types would allow me to do more and more easily?
>
> Thanks,
> Simone

The attached bundle is the transect display of point data, the transect display
is a bit tricky to control you need practice more to get used to it.

https://docs.unidata.ucar.edu/idv/current/workshop/datadisplays/transect/TransectDisplay3.html

Yuan

Ticket ID: AAE-286377
Department: Support IDV