[IDV #BBP-845792]: Research project

> Full Name: Paula
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 10
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_6.0u1\jre version: 1.8.0_282
> j3d:1.6.1 fcs fcs
> Description of problem: Good morning,
> I am having some trouble with some of the sections from the Workshop.
> Although I follow the exact steps given in the Workshop, there are a few
> displays I still cannot create.
>
> 3.2.11 Grid Isentropic Analysis
> 1) I cannot represent the isentropic topography display. I follow the steps
> detailed in the Workshop: Data Chooser> Files node> sample_eta_grid.nc //
> Fields > 3D grid node > Derived node>Potential Temperature IsoSurface //
> Displays > Constant Theta Surface Height Plan View node > Isentropic
> Topography > Create Display // Dialog (to set the isosurface value) > 310 >
> OK.
> When I click on the Create Display button, the background map remains
> unchanged.
>
> 2) Using the same data source. Fields > 3D grid node > Derived node >
> Potential Temperature IsoSurface Scalar Analysis // Displays > 3D Theta
> Surface node > Contours Over Constant Theta Surface > Create Display //
> Dialog (to set the isosurface value) > 310.5 // Dialog (to select the
> parameter field) > 3D grid > temperature (since the option
> Temperature@Isobaric surface does not appear) > OK.
> I do not know if it is relevant to select temperature instead of
> Temperature@Isobaric surface, but I get the contours displayed.
>
> 3) Also using the same data source. Fields > 3D grid node > Derived node >
> Potential Temperature IsoSurface Vector Analysis // Displays > Constant Theta
> Surface Flow Displays node > Vectors Colored by Speed over Theta Surface >
> Create Display //Dialog (to set the isosurface value) > 310.5 > OK // Dialog
> (to select the vector field) > 3D grid node > Derived node > True Wind
> Vectors (from GridRelative_u & GridRelative_v) > OK.
> When I click on the Create Display button, the background map remains
> unchanged. Nothing is added in the view window.
>
> How could I fix all these to get de displays? May it be any plugin missing?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Paula

Hi Paula,

I can reproduce your problem and it is likely the vertical coordinate unit of
the old sample file can not be
parsed correctly. However, you can use other real-time data from the thredds
data server (attached image)
and practice these grid isentropic analyses.

Yuan

Ticket ID: BBP-845792
Department: Support IDV