[IDV #HFX-641170]: Theta-e from surface data, a formula with 3 arguments

> Yuan, I am making an official support ticket for this, for the record. Thanks
> in advance.
>

> I want to make a near-surface theta-e map from 2m temperature and 2m specific
> humidity and surface pressure.
> Apparently there is no 3-input theta-e(T,q,p) formula.
>
> Thanks!
> Brian

Hi Brian,

I just added a new function in the derived grid factory to do what you
described here.

DerivedGridFactory.createEPTFromSpecificHumidity(temperFI, pressFI, spFI)

I tested this on the NAM40 that is the dataset I can find with all three fields
in 2D.  Please
download the nightly and test your dataset. No guarantee and let me know if you
see the error.

Yuan

Ticket ID: HFX-641170
Department: Support IDV