[IDV #CCC-568714]: idv can't open

> Hello Yuan,
>
> I'm Rahan Ozturk, from Istanbul Technical University. It's been a
> while since the last time I wrote. During this time, I got my graduate
> degree and now I'm planning to apply doctorate degree. Things are good
> for me, hope you are doing good as well.

Congratulations on the accomplishment of the graduate study!

> The last time you told me about an IDV workshop that I asked my prof.
> and he was interested in. However, couldn't manage to do it. I
> mentioned the workshop to the atmospheric modeling team (you can check
> our website: "https://www.havakalitesi.itu.edu.tr/";), and they are
> interested in too. So, I'd like to talk about the workshop program.
> What's needed and how we can do it.

Sure, we can arrange an online chat first to discuss some detailed information.
I need to find out the model team requirements and the level of IDV usage. I
think
the best time for me is the late afternoon of your local time which is the
morning here.

> Also, we're working on our team's website to post WRF runs daily. I
> wanted to add some 3d animated images too. I've worked with matplotlib
> yet it doesn't give as satisfying images as IDV does. Some programs
> like paraview have automated image-making code that works inside
> python. I wonder if IDV has the same? I've checked these websites but
> couldn't cross anything related;

The IDV has its own script language ISL (an XML style language) that can provide
the automated image generating.

We can discuss the details later.

Yuan

Ticket ID: CCC-568714