[IDV #WHF-233807]: Coriolis Force Vectors

> Full Name: Marty Baxter
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.0u1
> Operating System: MacOS 11.4
> Hardware: 13" Macbook
> Description of problem: Hi Yuan,
>
> I am trying to calculate and plot coriolis force vectors from model data, and
> I can't get it to go. I get an error message in the lower right of the view
> window, but nothing in the terminal. The error says
> "RealType_Generic_1_m_s-2_0 occurs more than once: ShadowType.testIndices"
>
> My formula within "make a grid diagnostic is":
> vecr((corl(v)*v),(-1*corl(u)*u)).
>
> This worked in GEMPAK as:
> VECR(MUL(CORL,VREL),MUL(-1,MUL(CORL,UREL)))
>
> I can plot the components as scalars, but can't make a vector out of them.
> Can you help me figure out what I need to do to plot these in IDV?
>
> Thanks,
> Marty

Hi Marty,

This is the unit compatibility problem. You can try the following:

vecr(newUnit(corl(v)*v, "vwind", "m/s"),   (-1)*newUnit(corl(u)*u, "uwind",
"m/s"))

Let me know if this one does not work out for you.

Yuan

Ticket ID: WHF-233807
Department: Support IDV