[IDV #SCX-492859]: Proxy configuration within McIDAS-V

Hi Ivaniel,

There is no proxy configuration in either IDV or McV, both are client-side
applications.
However, when the IDV/McV connection to the data server, such as TDS or ADDE,
you do need to
go through certain port numbers that need to be opened on your network. Most of
the TDS servers use
the https/http port and the ADDE requires port 112 to be available. So you need
to check
with your system ADM to make sure that.

Yuan

> Dear,
>
> Hi, I'm a researcher at the Capixaba Research Institute, coordinating
> Meteorology.
>
> We want to enable the use of McIDAS-V and IDV Software, both for research
> and for operational routines in meteorology.
>
> The internet server that uses no institute, uses proxy server as security
> measures for external connection and data download.
>
> The McIDAS-V Software cannot download the data, as it would need to be
> configured for our IP Proxy that it uses.
>

> Is there any configuration within McIDAS-V where I can configure the proxy
> server it has?
>

> Thank you for your attention.
>

> Ivaniel Fôro Maia ? Meteorologista. CREA:ES-027908/D

Ticket ID: SCX-492859
Department: Support IDV