[IDV #PNU-954120]: Interface closes immediately

> Hello,
>
> My name is Fethi Erimcag. I am a graduate student at George Mason
> University, in the data warehousing engineering program.
>
> I would like to use Unidata to model ISSR data however upon loading the
> user interface closes within seconds.
> I can see it appear for 1 second but then closes.
>
> I use a Mac which I just updated and used the IDV 5.7 Installer for Mac OS
> X available on unidata.ucar.edu
>
> Could you kindly help me?
>
> Thank you,
> Fethi

Hi Fethi,

It is very rare that the IDV got crashes on a Mac OS. We used to get this kind
of
support question regarding the Window OS and fixed the problem by updating the
video
card driver. I google this online and noticed some other Java 3D applications
reported
the problem you experienced. This problem is related to an OpenGL version
support
issue from the video card driver but maybe there is a bug in the JOGL library
that made it crashing on the certain OSX version.

There are a few options you can try:

1)install and reinstall

2) check if you can update the version of the Mac OS (I don't think you can
update the
video card driver alone)

3) try 5.6 or 5.7u1 (nightly)

Let me know which option helps and your information might be helpful to others.

Yuan

Ticket ID: PNU-954120
Department: Support IDV