[IDV #GLE-737476]: IDV Tutorial plugin problems

> Hello,
> I am teaching remotely and I am trying to guide my students through Tutorial.
> I am not sure if this is the error that they will encounter too. Some have
> Windows computers, some have Macs (Pre-2021 models with Intel processors).
>
> I freshly installed IDV 5.7 and tried to run it with Tutorial plugin to start
> in Tutorial mode as described in step 4 at:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/installandstart/FirstStart.html
>
> The error I get is attached in the screenshot. I'm running it on Windows 10.
> BTW, I tried to submit the Support Form but submit button doesn't work (or at
> least doesn't show the form as being sent after I click the Submit button.
> After clicking OK in Error notification window, IDV starts but not in the
> Tutorial Mode. After trying to install the tutorial plugin via Tools ->
> plugin manager the same error occurs.
>
> Could you please help me resolve these errors?
>
> Best regards,
> -Mario Majcen
>

> [cid:image003.png@01D6F87F.E8D61E90]
>
> Mario Majcen, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor of Atmospheric Science
> Meteorology Program Director Cal U
> Meteorology<https://www.calu.edu/academics/undergraduate/bachelors/meteorology/index.aspx>
> Department of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
> Pronouns: he / him / his
>
> California University of Pennsylvania
> 250 University Ave., Campus Box 55
> California, PA 15419-1394
> phone: 724-938-5371  |  Twitter: @wxmario<https://twitter.com/wxmario>
> address@hidden<mailto:%address@hidden>  |  www.calu.edu<http://www.calu.edu/>
>

> ________________________________

Hi Mario,

The error message in the attached file looks like the problem of writing
permission in the .unidata folder on your computer. I tested IDV 5.7  and 5.7u1
in my home office to submit
Support Form and not seeing any problem.

I am wondering if there are some issues with your installation. Could you try
to load one or two bundles under the Bundle drop-down menu?

By the way, I am also available to provide a few ZOOM classes for the IDV
tutorial if you interest.

Yuan

Yuan

Ticket ID: GLE-737476