[IDV #WNE-465152]: Sounding creation error from Grid Coverage datasets

> Hi Yuan.
>
> Our problem was sounding with wind, not sounding_nowind. Sorry I was unclear.
>
> It's to see the veering and backing for cold/warm advection.
>
> I also tried a probe of wind barbs only, which seemed to work once for me,
> but then was similarly unrepeatable when loading it as a bundle.
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

I think with or without the wind is not the problem here.

I ran some more tests here and found a problem that might be related. After
I tried the rubber band box to relocate the data display to the new region, and
often time I see
the sounding display come back empty, and I need to zoom way out to find the
probe icon and
very difficult to drag it back to the region and then I can get the sounding
display back to what is expected.

Not sure if this is what you experienced.

I will look into it after the new year.

Happy 2021!

Yuan

Ticket ID: WNE-465152