[IDV #EEA-700443]: the Optimal configuration of IDV

> So what you mean is that the software running speed mostly depends on the CPU
> performance? My computer is configured with Xeon CPU:total 20cores,but the
> speed is still slow in showing 3d display.

Yes, the CPU in your computer is quite powerful.

I need to know some details of your dataset dimensions and your institute. We
may not be able to provide much help if your
work is commercially related.

Yuan

> At 2020-11-07 02:48:06, "Unidata IDV Support" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Excuse me,I have runned the IDV software to display 3d-picture by using
> >> windows x64 ,and it took me a lot of time to show that.I wanna learn about
> >> the the optimal configuration of IDV:what does the Graphic Processing Unit
> >> require optimally ?
> >> and what size does the memory of GPU reqiure ?
> >>

> >> Look forward to your reply!
> >> Thank you!
> >

> >The IDV is CPU based and does not support GPU. If you need to learn more
> >details you can go through the user guide and
> >other training materials. If you need further help, please drop me a contact
> >line and I may be able to provide
> >some remote training.
> >
> >Yuan
> >
> >Ticket Details
> >Ticket ID: EEA-700443
> >Department: Support IDV
> >NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> >Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
> >web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this
> >way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.

Ticket ID: EEA-700443
Department: Support IDV