[IDV #BEW-121151]: IDV - Changing Display Type on Value Plots Views

> Hi Yuan,
>
> I tried to do that previously, but the "Change Display Unit" does not show
> up in the Value Plots display control panel. I attached an image on what
> the panel looks like under Edit. This shows up for contours and fills, but
> not value plots.
>

> Thank you,
> James

Ok, you can use the Formula to do this task:

Formula > Grids > Define a grid diagnostic, and enter "newUnit(field, varName,
newUnit)", the field
is the variable you will select when a new window poopup, the varName is
something like "topo", "temperature",...,
the newUnit is a string of new unit "celsius",....

Let me know if you need more help.

Yuan

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm plotting Surface Temperatures from model data for a project and am
> > > trying to find a way to change the Value Plots view display type to
> > > Fahrenheit or Celsius and not Kelvin.
> > >
> > > I am able to do this with Fill/Contour types but I cannot find the option
> > > to change Kelvin to Fahrenheit & Celcius in the Value Plots section.
> > >
> > > Is there something I'm not seeing or a workaround?
> > >

> > > Thank You!
> > > James
> > >

> > Hi James,
> >
> > It is very easy to change the display unit. In the display control panel,
> > the drop-down menu:
> > Edit > Change Display UNIT... SEE the attached.
> >

> > YUAN
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: BEW-121151
> > Department: Support IDV
> > NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> > Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through
> > the web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in
> > this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.

Ticket ID: BEW-121151
Department: Support IDV