[IDV #DMK-604062]: Question for download IDV data

> Hello officer,
>
> Thanks for your reply first. The aim of accessing remote datasets is to study
> climate characteristics for several years by big data analysis technology such
> as python. I’m a Master’s student currently in University of Reading, my major
> is applied meteorology and climate management. Currently, I want to do some
> relevant analysis about climate change, so I need access historical
> meteorology
> datasets to support me. So, I ask for help from you about accessing IDV
> datasets of global meteorological data for many years. Thanks for your reply
> again, I’m looking forward to hear from you soon!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Yang

Hi Yang,

Thanks for the information on your research.

I am guessing that you don't need to get the whole volume of the dataset, only
a few parameters and
on specific layers. In this case, you can certainly run the IDV to export the
data interactively or bashing mode.

The old NOMADS TDS system was decommissioned and you can access the model data
from the following URL:

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/thredds/model/model.xml

Yuan

Ticket ID: DMK-604062