[IDV #GHR-628320]: Layout Model for Text Point Data: Cloud Coverage

> IDV supporters,
>
> Figured it out: To specify cloud cover observations in a text point data file
> that contains metadata header lines, one must use integers (octals, from 0 to
> 9, where 9 = obscured sky) instead of WMO text codes (CLR, FEW, SCT, BRK,
> OVC, VV).
>
> Interestingly, although my metadata headers still say “CC(TEXT)” (I forgot to
> change them, though to what I don’t know), specifying CC values as integers
> still works. So the integers are being interpreted (successfully) as text
> when mapping them to station model symbols on the display?
>
> — Dave

Hi Dave,

I am glad that you figured out the solution.

The value of CC needs to be an integer, the IDV parses these values to String
first before converting them to integers. This is why the header does not
matter much in
this situation.

Yuan

Ticket ID: GHR-628320