[IDV #AEH-937128]: IDV 5.7: Odd behavior, or a bug?

> Yuan (or whoever has the pleasure of dealing with this particular problem
> report),
>
> Iâm running IDV v.5.7 on a Mac running Mac OS X v.10.14 (Mojave).
>
> Iâve created a naked GOES-17 IR satellite plot  (no map background, no
> other displays), saved it as a bundle, and set up an ISL script that loads
> the bundle and captures the display as a GIF image.
>
> Iâve actually created two versions of the display: one with the default
> wire (frame) box left alone, and one with the wire (frame) box removed. They
> are otherwise the same. (Both displays are clipped at the box.)
>
> The ISL script that runs the version of the bundle with the wire frame box
> untouched saves a GIF image that looks as expectedâa naked satellite image
> with a wire frame box around it.
>
> However, the ISL script that runs the bundle with the wire frame box turned
> off, saves a GIF image that is blank (black)âno satellite image.
>
> Since as far as I know I did nothing to change the display or bundle except
> turn of the wire frame box, this doesnât seem right to me. Could it be a
> bug?
>
> (I tried it on my copy of IDV v.5.7 on my laptop at home, plotting a display
> comprising just the default map background and no other data sets loaded or
> plotted, but I couldn't reproduce the behavior in that case.)
>
> Iâve attached the ISL script/IDV bundle pairs described above. They are
> very simple and you should be able to run them yourself without modification
> except for the path to a GOES-17 full disk IR satellite image (or any other
> data that you like). Or try creating such pairs yourself to see if you can
> reproduce the behavior.
>
> Iâve also attached the GIF output from each ISL/IDV bundle pair.

Hi Dave,

I created a bundle with the same geolocation as your bundle but accessing the
adde.ucar.edu data, it is with no box, and I used your
ISL to load and capture the image, I did not see any problem.

The only thing I changed in the ISL is adding the islpath before the bundle
file name and image name. You should be able to load my bundle or ISL in
your machine. See the attached.

Yuan

Ticket ID: AEH-937128