[IDV #CCB-731034]: IDV 5.5 and 5.6 not allowing change of magnification

> Support team,
> I am in the midst of switching between two different Mac laptop which has
> given me a weird opportunity for testing in different environments.  I have
> been working with my new Mac trying to use IDV 5.6 and I am seeing that I
> have no ability to change the magnification of the real-time satellite
> images I am trying to plot.  I get a default -4 x -4 that isn't
> modifiable.
>
> [image: Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 10.03.39 AM.png]
> I tried this same magnification process on my older Mac (same OS) with IDV
> 5.5 and found that I could modify the magnification without a problem.
>
> [image: IDV5.5_ptarmigan.png]
> Then I thought, well it must be something buggy in IDV 5.6 so I went
> backwards in installers and grabbed the IDV 5.5 for my new Mac.  Installed
> it, but this made no difference in the performance of the magnification.  I
> see the same exact thing.
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
> Bryan
>
> --
> Bryan Guarente
> Meteorologist/Instructional Designer
> The COMET Program
> Boulder, CO

Hi Bryan,

This is an advance feature, not a bug.  This is Adaptive Resolution feature,
allows IDV to detect the resolution
of your screen and sample the data for you. This will prevent users to load too
much data and cause memory issues.
If you want to learn this feature in detail, please stop by my office at FL4.

If you simply want to stop this feature (it is turned on by default), Edit >
Preferences, under View, uncheck the Enable Adaptive Resolution.

Yuan

Ticket ID: CCB-731034
Department: Support IDV