[IDV #VFY-611241]: Mean wind vectors

> Thanks for the quick response, but I still have some questions:
>
> *from data source properties window do the spatial and time subset:*  Is
> this the window with the map of the U.S., and four tabs above labelled
> "Times", "Level", "Region" and "Data Sampling"?  Otherwise, I can't find a
> data source properties window.
>
> *Formula > Define a grid diagnostic:  *When I click the "Data" tab, then
> "Formulas", I don't see "Define a grid diagnostic anywhere.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Scott Landes

Hi Scott,

After loading the date from Date Chooser tab, you were in the "Field Selector"
tab, and right-hand side, under the "Data Sources:" list, you will
see your newly loaded data, and right click or double clicks the this data
source, the property window for this data will popup. The Formula is
the first one in the "Data Sources" list.

Yuan

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > 3D True Wind Vectors, U&V component of isobaric wind.  I would want to
> > have
> > > an average wind vector encompassing 18Z and 21Z, June 1st thru August
> > 31st,
> > > for 2014 and 2019 in a Colorado domain.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > OK, first you need to load the dataset, and from data source properties
> > window do the spatial and time subset.
> > There will be a lot of clicks to select these time steps from June to
> > August.
> >
> > Second, Formula > Define a grid diagnostic, and select your display type,
> > when a window popup, enter
> >
> > makeVector( averageOverTime(a), averageOverTime(b))
> >
> > then a new popup will ask you to select a, b which should be  U, V in your
> > dataset. That should create a display of what you want.
> >
> > Yuan

> > large
> > annually).

> > ozone
> > > >
> > https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/categories/services-and-information/environment/air-quality/ozone-information

> > average

> > through
> > in
> > > >

> > > --
> > > *Scott J Landes*
> > > *Supervisor/Air Quality Meteorologist*
> > > *Meteorology and Prescribed Fire Unit*
> > > *Technical Services Program*
> > >

> > > 303-692-3255
> > > address@hidden
> > >
> > > *"Are you curious about ground-level ozone in Colorado? Visit our ozone
> > > webpage
> > https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/categories/services-and-information/environment/air-quality/ozone-information
> > >**
> > > learn more.*"
> > >

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: VFY-611241
> > Department: Support IDV
> > NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> > Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through
> > the web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in
> > this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.
> >

> --
> *Scott J Landes*
> *Supervisor/Air Quality Meteorologist*
> *Meteorology and Prescribed Fire Unit*
> *Technical Services Program*
>

> 303-692-3255
> address@hidden
>
> *"Are you curious about ground-level ozone in Colorado? Visit our ozone
> webpage
> <https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/categories/services-and-information/environment/air-quality/ozone-information>**
> learn more.*"

Ticket ID: VFY-611241