[IDV #UDG-822191]: IDV Tutorial start-up problems

> Hello,
> I have two problems:
> When I run runIDV.bat I get an error that a zip file can't be opened. (Please
> see screen shot attachment IDV1.png)
>
> When I try to start a tutorial with runIDV  -installplugin
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/plugins/workshop.jar
> I get an error that a jar file could not be moved. In this case IDV starts
> but tutorial plugin doesn't run. (Please see screen shot attachment IDV2.png)
>
> System is Windows 10 (64-bit) with IDV 5.5.
>
> Could you please help with this issue?
>
> Our university computer support person (Jesse Bailey)  is also copied on this
> email. Please respond to all.
>
> Best regards,
> -Mario Majcen
>
> Mario Majcen, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor
> Department of Earth Sciences
> Eberly Building, room 233
> California University of Pennsylvania
> Phone: 724-938-5371
> Email: address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>
> Twitter: @wxmario

Hi Mario,

I think the problem is that you tried to install the workshop plugin, it failed
and left a corrupted file in the .unidata folder. This is why you saw the
error when you ran the IDV after the fail installation of workshop plugin.

First you need to remove the plugin file in the
".unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/plugins", in window ".unidata" is a hidden folder and
can tricky to locate it. But
with your Jesse's help, you should be able to find it and remove it.

After that the IDV should be running normally, and you can either install the
plugin from plugin manager: Tools > Plugin Manager, it is under Available
Plugins > Customized IDVs.
Or, you can install from command line the URL is:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/plugins/workshop.jar

Let me know if the problem still unsolved.

Yuan

Ticket ID: UDG-822191
Department: Support IDV