[IDV #DLY-654234]: tried to send a ticket without success so here it goes...

> Hi there,
>
> Hope that everybody at the UNIDATA team is doing great,
>
> I tried to send a ticket this morning without success (see screen shot
> below),
>
> Anyway, here goes the normal situation and the present problem,
>
> I was normally get data from CLASS for GOES 13 and 15  Band 4 imagery data
> in Area McIdas format,
>
> I downloaded recently GOES 16 band 13 data from CLASS in another section (
> https://www.bou.class.noaa.gov/saa/products/search?sub_id=0&datatype_family=GRABIPRD&submit.x=20&submit.y=6)
> but it comes in netcdf format (I thought great IDV works well with nc stuff)
>
> but with IDV version 5.4, OK could add the source bu t it does not identify
> the data as satellite imagery but as 2D grid data (identfied as 2D Grid ABI
> Llb Radiances in field selector), so all the processes I normally apply to
> sat. imag. are not very useful anymore,
>
> So I installed IDV version 5.5, thinking it would go better, well cannot
> even add the data, it sends the error message like showed in attached snap
> shots,
>
> I added a data files as an example,
>
> I would really like to treat the GOES 16 data as I was doing before with
> GOES 13 and 15, but perhaps there is a better way,
>
> Thanks for any help on that one,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gilles
>
> -----------------------------------
> Dr. Gilles Arfeuille
> Profesor Investigador
> Facultad de Ciencias
> Universidad de Colima
> (52)3123147687
> address@hidden
> -----------------------------------
>
> --
> --Universidad de Colima

Hi Gilles,

The problem of the attached file in the IDV 5.5 should be fixed in the nightly
release (5.5u1). Let me know
if you have any trouble with 5.5u1. The support form should be working in the
nightly release too.

Yuan

Ticket ID: DLY-654234
Department: Support IDV