[IDV #LID-670913]: Error Accessing Satellite Servers in IDV

> I am not able to connect to the satellite servers in the IDV.  This started
> yesterday, and it continues today.  This is happening with all of the
> satellite servers.  I am getting two types of error messages when trying to
> access the satellite servers.  I get one type of error when I click
> "connect", and at other times, I get the other type of error when I click
> "connect".  I get these two types of error messages:
>
> FIRST ERROR MESSAGE:
>
> Connecting to server:adde.ucar.edu
> Connection timed out: connect

Hi Michael,

I did not see any problem in my side, the ADDE.UCAR.EDU is running when I
tested it. In the future, you can
also try to connect to atm.ucar.edu. The previous one is running on an old
machine, and the later
one is supposed to be more powerful and reliable.

Yuan

> [...]
>
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
> at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
> at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLConnection.connect(AddeURLConnection.java:644)
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLConnection.getInputStream(AddeURLConnection.java:819)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.checkIfServerIsOk(AddeChooser.java:1187)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.canAccessServer(AddeChooser.java:1230)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeImageChooser.connectToServer(AddeImageChooser.java:802)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeImageChooser.handleConnect(AddeImageChooser.java:634)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.handleConnectFromThread(AddeChooser.java:600)
>
> SECOND ERROR MESSAGE:
>
> Connecting to server:adde.ssec.wisc.edu
> java.io.EOFException
>
> When I click on "Show Details" in this error message, I get this:
>
> ava.io.EOFException
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUByte(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUShort(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLConnection.connect(AddeURLConnection.java:744)
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLConnection.getInputStream(AddeURLConnection.java:819)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.checkIfServerIsOk(AddeChooser.java:1187)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.canAccessServer(AddeChooser.java:1230)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeImageChooser.connectToServer(AddeImageChooser.java:802)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeImageChooser.handleConnect(AddeImageChooser.java:634)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.handleConnectFromThread(AddeChooser.java:600)

Ticket ID: LID-670913
Department: Support IDV