[IDV #AFS-891091]: Using Large WRF Gridded Ouput Files in IDV

> Hi Yuan,
>
> Besides my questions of April 18 and April 6, I have another question related
> to producing plots for publication. I tried unsuccessfully to produce an ISL
> script of a cross section display (analogous to that for a plan view display)
> which I could then tailor for a better quality production plot. I tried two
> methods:
>
> * Displays > Display > File > Save: But this does not offer the option of
> saving as an ISL script.
>
> * Displays > Display > File > Save > Save Display as Bundle: Then I edited
> the ISL script for a previously saved plan view and changed the PlanView.xidv
> file name in the latter ISL script to the CrossSection.xidv file name but
> this did not produce a relevant result.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1) How can I produce an ISL script of a cross section which I could then
> tailor for a better quality production plot?

Here is an example:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/ChangingProperty.html

You can review a few examples in the above url, the trick is to specify the
"display" attribute. You can do some research and we can chat over phone if
you totally confused.

Yuan

> 2) Assuming this can be done, can you send me a sample ISL script and its
> resulting image for a simple cross section display? And since the ISL script
> requires an input .xidv file, I presume that I would also need this third
> file.
>
> If it is more productive to call me to answer these 3 emails of questions,
> feel free to do so, although I will be away Monday through Wednesday next
> week, April 23-25.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim
>
> James A. Schiavone
> Independent Scientist*
> Bridgewater, NJ
> Phone: 908-658-3158
>
> * Collaborating with Rutgers University, Cray and NCAR

Ticket ID: AFS-891091
Department: Support IDV