[IDV #PAL-477465]: IDV crashing with Canvas3d errors

Hi Ryan,

A few thoughts.

Please don't manage your own version of Java for the IDV. The IDV is distributed
with its own Java installation. We have put in a lot of effort in determining
the correct version of Java to distribute with the IDV.

Also, please update your graphics driver software on your Windows 10 OS.

Finally, your screenshot shows an old IDV installation please download the most
recent IDV.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install IDV on a Windows 10 Pro computer. I have
> never tried this before as it works great on all my Windows 10 Home
> computers. With the latest version of Java, and the latest version of
> Windows, I get "Default Rendering error: can't querrey textureWidthMax"
> . Further down it shows a "Canvas3d" error which is either related to
> the graphics card or java version.
>
> Trying older versions of IDV and java does not help. Also tried the
> remote launcher and that crashes with more java errors.
>
> I have interned at UCAR before and have been using IDV for years. This
> is the first computer I've ever had that has been so resistant to running
> IDV. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Update:
>
> The error message I'm getting upon scrolling up in the screenshot before
> it crashed in about 1 second was "OpenGL 1.2 or higher is required
> (Version=1.1)
>
> Ryan Pettus

Ticket ID: PAL-477465
Department: Support IDV