[IDV #NDG-802839]: IDV unable to read a NetCDF file

> Yuan,
>
> I’m not sure I understand what I need to do. I do not have the capability to
> edit a netcdf file. Your previous email said you modified the file and I
> should be able to load it into IDV, but no joy.
>
> Frank

Ok, you don't modify the nc file, only change the ncml file in my first reply.
The second line of that ncml file points to
the nc file in my computer, and this is what and why you need to change it to
point to the nc file in your computer.

If this is still confusing, please give me a call or stop by my office FL4.

Yuan
> > On Feb 1, 2018, at 10:15 AM, Unidata IDV Support <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry but it didn’t load. I am using IDV 5.4 on a iMac (see attached
> >> images). Tried with and without the ‘ml’ in ‘ncml’ Frank Bub

> > What ncml doing is to modify the original file, and you need to change one
> > line of the ncml that is pointing to my computer. After that,
> > load the ncml file instead of nc file, and it should work.
> >
> > The problem with your nc file is that the dimension name and the variable
> > name not match.
> >
> > Yuan
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: NDG-802839
> > Department: Support IDV
> > NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> > Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through
> > the web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in
> > this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.

Ticket ID: NDG-802839
Department: Support IDV