[IDV #BNU-363589]: Hi Res Image Files

Hi Justin,

Note you can select the image "Quality" when exporting an image (View -> Capture
-> Image). I believe the default is "High". You can also try to experiment with
different image formats (png versus jpg). Just supply the appropriate file
suffix
when doing the image capture (e.g., .png).

Apart from that, you can undock the legend to make the image bigger. See the
little "Float the legend" button to the right of the Legend label. That will
allow you to capture an even bigger image.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi,
> I'm wondering if there is a way to capture/export even higher
> resolution images than are what is explicitly shown on the dimensions of
> the image viewer on my computer screen. I know it normally just captures
> the size of the image viewer, so I make it larger if I want a larger image.
> But I can only make it so large with my computer screen. I'm trying to
> export a U.S. image onto Google Earth to where you can zoom in and it's
> still high res. I was wondering if there was a way around this.
>
> Thank you,
> Justin

Ticket ID: BNU-363589
Department: Support IDV