[IDV #SVO-376145]: Plotting weather symbols from automated stations

> Hi Yuan,
>
> Thanks for your reply!
> It is however not exactly what I meant. I'm using the layout model editor,
> but for plotting weather symbols I can only select the 'Present weather'
> symbol set. This set contains symbols of the WMO present weather code (WMO
> code table 4677), which is used by most of the observations stations.
> Especially in Europe however, in some countries present weather is observed
> automatically. For this kind of automated present weather observations, the
> WMO developed a separate set of present weather symbols, WMO code table 4680
> ( http://weatherfaqs.org.uk/book/export/html/150 ).
>
> My specific question is if there is a present weather symbol set available
> for automated stations (so the symbols of WMO code table 4680), and if there
> is, how I can import these in the table which is shown in the layout model
> editor.
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Kind regards,
> Cees Ceulemans
> Maritime Meteorologist
> BMT ARGOSS
>
> Tel: +31-527-242299 (Switchboard)
> Tel: +44-1224-452190 (24/7 Weather forecasting)
> Website: www.bmtargoss.com

Hi Cees,

The symbols from WMO table 4680 is not in the IDV resources. However, you can
add it to the IDV according to this URL

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/stationsymbols.xml

The information in this page is not updated, but should be enough to guide you
to add new symbols.

Yuan

> BMT ARGOSS, Spacelab 45, 3824 MR, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
>
> Registered in the Netherlands, No 39060160, Registered office as above.
>
> Unless otherwise agreed by BMT ARGOSS in writing, all work, services, goods
> or products supplied by BMT ARGOSS shall be subject to and governed by BMT
> ARGOSS's own terms and conditions which are available for inspection from BMT
> ARGOSS on request.
>
> E-mail confidentiality notice and disclaimer:
> The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of
> the mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, you are not allowed
> to read it, to take any action based upon it or to copy it, forward,
> distribute or disclose the contents of it and you should please delete it
> from your system. BMT ARGOSS does not accept liability for any errors or
> omissions in the context of this e-mail or its attachments which arise as a
> result of internet transmission, nor accept liability for statements which
> are those of the author and clearly not made on behalf of BMT ARGOSS.
>
>  Please consider the environmental impacts of printing this email, and only
> do so if really necessary

Ticket ID: SVO-376145
Department: Support IDV