[IDV #ZTK-245743]: displaying netcdf files as satellite imagery, and how to animate

> Dear Sir:
>
> I apologize for my ignorance ...
>
> (1)
> I want to display GOES-R imagery files as IDV satellite imagery.  These
> are netCDF files that conform to CF conventions.  IDV thinks they are
> grid files.  How can I make IDV think they are satellite imagery files?

It should be ok to treat the GOES-R nc file as gridded files.

> (2)
> I have 5 GOES-R imagery netcdf files.  These files are images of the
> western hemisphere that were take five minutes apart.  I want to do an
> animation of these 5 files.  How do I do it ?   The IDV user's guide
> isn't helping me.

You can select multi files with the combination of shift key or control with
mouse, and then you need
to specify the data source type as "Aggregate grids by time".

The IDV training document might be
better for you to learn how to do more in the IDV.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/

Yuan

> v/r
>
> randy

> Randy C Horne (address@hidden)
> Principal Engineer, Excalibur Laboratories Inc.
> voice & fax: (321) 952.5100
> cell: (321) 693.1074
> url: http://www.excaliburlabs.com

Ticket ID: ZTK-245743