[IDV #FOG-883959]: IDV Ports

Hi Brad,

There are several ports you need open in order to run the IDV so that it may
connect to different data servers. In general, ports 112, 8080 and 80 are
required. Port 112 is required to be open for ADDE (e.g., satellite imagery,
etc.).

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Systems.html

Once you have verified those ports are open (you may have to talk to your sys
admin staff here), keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hello,
>
> What ports does IDV software use to request data?  I found this article
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg02454.html
> that is almost 10 years old and it says 8080 and 112.  However, we had
> those ports opened here and can only receive radar data, still getting
> timeout errors for RAOBS and Observation Data
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

Ticket ID: FOG-883959
Department: Support IDV