[IDV #TLI-876364]: IDV with windows

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the screen capture. That's always helpful in diagnosing these sorts
of problems.

Just to get our bearings and verify our assumptions, let's make sure you are
working with the correct version of the IDV.

Check to see if your Windows 10 operating system is 32 or 64 bit:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21726/how-do-i-know-if-im-running-32-bit-or-64-bit-windows-answers/

I had previously assumed it is a 64 bit OS, but maybe I'm wrong. Especially
since your screen capture shows "x86". Again, please check that.

Next, download the version of the IDV that corresponds to what you just
discovered about 32 or 64 bit:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

For 32, download "IDV 5.4 Installer for Windows XP/Vista/7"

For 64, download "IDV 5.4 Installer for 64-bit Windows XP/Vista/7"

Lastly, just to be clear, this is not an ARM processor tablet such as the
Windows Surface running Windows 10? Correct? The IDV will not run on ARM devices
though this may change in the future.

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: TLI-876364
Department: Support IDV