[IDV #YIQ-294279]: aggregate grids by time

> If I am trying to analyze an archived storm using the 0 hour forecast for
> multiple gempak files from
> http://mtarchive.geol.iastate.edu/2011/04/04/gempak/model/, for example.  If
> I save the 0Z run and the 12Z run, then aggregate them, how do I know what
> times it picked in the final file?  Did it pick the 12 Z time step from the
> first file or the second file?  Is there a way to control this?
>
> File 1 starts at 00Z:  00Z  06Z  12Z  18Z
> File 2 starts at 12Z:                    12Z  18Z  00Z  06Z
>
> Which 12Z data did the aggregation pick?
>
> Thanks,
> Keah
> --
> Keah Schuenemann, PhD
> Associate Professor of Meteorology
> Earth and Atmospheric Science Department
> http://www.msudenver.edu/eas/
> Metropolitan State University of Denver
> address@hidden
> http://drkeah.blogspot.com/

Hi Keah,

If you are using the "Aggregate Grids by Time" to aggregate two datasets the
12Z should come from the second dataset. The second dataset overwrite the first
one when there is duplicated time.
In general, when the dataset like the one you used has multiple time dimensions
and time duplicated, you may not get what you want. The current aggregation
feature is using  very simple ncml to
do the work, and can not deal with complicated situation.  We are still try to
find a better solution here.

Yuan

Ticket ID: YIQ-294279
Department: Support IDV