[IDV #NFL-825285]: Incorrect plot location of WRF output file on IDV

Hi Yaasiin,

If you have not done so already, the standard piece of advice we tell our users
when working with WRF output in the IDV is to post-process the data with the
UPP:

http://www.dtcenter.org/wrf-nmm/users/overview/upp_overview.php

If you are still having trouble, please upload all relevant samples of your WRF
output to http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload

Let us know when the data are there.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Yaasiin Oozeer
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.3\jre version: 1.8.0_45
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to plot some data from my wrf output files with IDV. The files
> that I am trying to extract data from are actually the nest files (d02)
> and not the main domains (d01).  I have run WRF simulations for a certain
> number of days, where each wrf output file contains data for an individual
> day. For the first two days of run, IDV plots the correct location of the
> nest as shown by the 'correct plot in the attachment. Unfortunately  for
> the remaining days, and therefore the remaining files, the location of the
> nest is wrong, as shown by the incorrect plot in the attachment. Please
> note that when I plot data from these files with NCL, the plots are in
> their correct locations.
>
> I'd really appreciate if you could assist me with this issue. Please
> also let me know if any further information is required.
>
> Thank you.

Ticket ID: NFL-825285
Department: Support IDV