[IDV #SER-542869]: Error when trying to open NCDC NOMADS Data Server (TDS)

Hi Dan,

> For the last couple of days when I try to open  the NCDC NOMADS Data
> Server (TDS) package to run some analysis, I get the following error:
>
> Creating ui:http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog.xml
> Error parsing xml: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.
> White spaces are required between publicId and systemId. line:1 column:50
>
> I figured that there may be a glitch in the system and that things might
> work themselves out, however as this problem persists, I figured that
> Iwill pass along this issue to see if there might be some help out there
> to correct this.

This is likely due to NOAA moving to HTTPS for all of their web sites.
Try changing the URL to:

https://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog.xml

and let us know if the problem you are encountering goes away.

Ticket ID: SER-542869
Department: Support IDV