[IDV #ITT-728462]: Adaptive Resolution Query

> Dear sirThat means adaptive resolution works only with MDR. In that case I
> feel adaptive resolution should be turned off by default. Naive users (like
> me :-) ) may get confused that  adaptive resolution is not working even if
> checked.
> Regards
> Ghansham

Ghansham,

How are you doing! It has been very long since our last email exchanged.

Well, the first time you created the display with the adaptive resolution on,
the IDV did the calculation of the resolution. This is why I didn't turn it
off. Too many times, users complained the memory problem of the IDV without
knowing they actually did not need to load that much data. This is the reason
to keep it on as default.

After created the display, many users like to interact and explore the data, it
will be very annoying if the IDV keep loading the data, and this is why MDR
play a role here.

I tried to follow the logic of most common usage of the IDV, and I know there
is no perfect solution. Hope you can understand.

Yuan

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 21:54, Unidata IDV Support  wrote:Dear Sir
>
> I was trying to load a CF complaint file in IDV 5.3 with data source
> type set to  "IMAGE(GINI) Files".
> When I am zooming using "Shift + Left Click Drag", the data does not
> reload the improve the resolution.
> The "Enable Adaptive Resolution" check box is checked in the view window.
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> regards
> Ghansham
> Make sure the Match Display Region is turned on.
>
> Yuan
>
> Ticket Details
> Ticket ID: ITT-728462
> Department: Support IDV
> Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
> web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this
> way, you must let us know in each email you send to us .

Ticket ID: ITT-728462
Department: Support IDV