[IDV #GUK-870760]: IDV parameter display

Leon,

It would really best to see a sample dataset as it is difficult to have this
conversation in the abstract or in theory.

You can upload sample dataset here:

or you can point us to the data (on a DAP/THREDDS server or whatnot).

As for the seam problem you may have two options depending on the projection of
your dataset:

1. If, using an XY coordinate system, use the lonFlip() grid diagnostic formula.

In the field selector, go to "Formulas" Data Sources.

Select Grids > "Define a grid diagnostic".

Select a Display of Color-Shaded Plan View or the display of your choice.

Click Create Display.

This action will bring forth an input window.

Enter the formula "lonFlip(a)"

Click OK

Now select the relevant field in the pop-up "Field Selector" dialog.

Click OK.

2. If the data are not in a XY projection, you may have to wait. Proper handling
of seam problems has been a long standing issue in the IDV but we will be coming
up with a solution for this in the next year or so.

I don't understand the issue about the Point data. Again, we may have to see a
sample dataset.

Concerning the parameters, after having read this a few times, I am having
trouble
understanding what you are trying to do. Here are a couple of ideas.

1. The match display region feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH7BJOilQg0

Or read about choosing an alternate Data Source when opening bundles:

2. http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Bundles.html

Again, a sample dataset would be useful.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: GUK-870760
Department: Support IDV