[IDV #NCV-834808]: spurious contour display stripes

> One more thing:
> Even the color shaded plan view (absvort in that bundle) has stripe
> artifacts, so this is not solely a problem of contour displays.

Brian,
      You can set the preference > system > enable geometry by reference to
false to get rid of those artifacts. But, the trade off is that you can not
capture the image in
vector format, such as ps, pdf. It might be the limitation of this Java 3D
preference setting.  Another user report this problem and I am still look into
it, hope to have a better solution.

Yuan
> On Feb 29, 2016, at 3:06 PM, Unidata IDV Support <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > Brian Mapes,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please
> > make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> > related to this Ticket.
> >
> >    Ticket ID: NCV-834808
> >    Subject: spurious contour display stripes
> >    Department: Support IDV
> >

> > Please let us know how we can assist you further.
> >
> > Unidata User Support

> Brian Mapes, Professor
> Department of Atmospheric Sciences
> Meteorology and Physical Oceanography Program
> RSMAS, University of Miami
> 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
> Miami, FL 33149-1098
>
> phone: (305) 421-4275