[IDV #GER-254029]: Fwd: [NCEP.list.NOMADS-ftpprd] PNS Special Notice 2/23/2016

Hi Don,

Thanks for the heads up.

I've alerted the TDS group concerning the 20km GFS. We will let you know
when we have an ETA for that.

You should be able to rely on the data-service-announce mailing list for
changes in data products. I'll cross-post, if necessary, and encourage idvusers
to sign up for that mailing list.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi-
>
> The NWS is proposing to remove some products that are available on the
> thredds.ucar.edu server which I use in several of my bundles (e.g. GFS
> 80 km).  According to the proposal, these are being replaced by the GFS
> 20km regional and 1 degree Global grids.
>
> I don't see the 20km regional GFS on thredds.ucar.edu.  If it's not
> there, could that be added?
>
> Also, what support/notification will Unidata provide to IDV users who
> have bundles that use the products that are slated for removal from
> NOAAport?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Don Murray

Ticket ID: GER-254029