[IDV #GYN-203327]: Formula Question

Matt,

Can you tell us a bit more about the provenance these data? What is this data
source? As far as I can tell, the IDV does not presently have a formula for
"latent heat flux" or "sensible heat flux", and you are getting these fields
directly from the model output (e.g., GFS). If they are derived by the IDV, you
would you see them under a "Derived" node in the Field Selector of the IDV
dashboard. You may have to consult with the model producer for more information.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi,
>
> I was looking to try and plot diabatic heating on IDV  for research I'm
> doing and could not get that to work, instead I decided to plot latent
> heat flux or sensible heat flux instead, which gives me decent looking
> maps.
>
> My question is, what is the equation being used in IDV to compute that
> so I'm able to reference it on my research poster.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Matt Tuftedal

Ticket ID: GYN-203327