[IDV #VRM-168678]: IDV 5.2: Visualization Errors

Patrick,

In addition to what has been suggested thus far (if that does not work) try:

Dashboard -> Edit -> Preferences -> System - Uncheck Enable geometry by
reference

After making the change, exit and relaunch the IDV to make the change take
effect.

See if that makes a difference, or try both solutions and let us know the
outcome.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> > Dear Unidata IDV Support:
> >
> > I am getting visualization errors when viewing simple maps in IDV 5.2.
> > When viewing a simple U.S. map with U.S. counties layer turned on, I see:
> >
> > [image: Inline image 1]
> >
> > Then, when viewing a simple WRF file, and overlaying the terrain height
> > variable at a 100 m contour interval, I see further erroneous maps:
> > [image: Inline image 2]
> >
> > Can you help me determine the root of this issue?  I have just installed
> > the latest IDV 5.2 for my Windows 7 64-bit machine.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Patrick
> >

> > --
> > Patrick C. Campbell, Ph.D., CCM
> > Postdoctoral Research Scholar
> > Air Quality Forecasting Lab
> > Department of Marine, Earth, and
> > Atmospheric Sciences
> > North Carolina State University
> > 2800 Faucette Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27695
> > Campus Box 8208
> > Jordan Hall 1135
> > 919-515-9771 (office)
> > 307-760-5178 (mobile)
> > address@hidden
> > NCSU-AQFL-CV
> > <http://www.meas.ncsu.edu/aqforecasting/Patrick_Campbell_2014.html>
> > Linked-In Profile
> > <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/patrick-campbell-ph-d-ccm/71/a39/9b9>
> >

> Hi Patrick,
> The visualization error you experienced has something to do with the video
> card driver, we do have a fixed available by installing
> a plugin, go to: Tools > Plugin Manager, and expand the Bug Fixes icon,
> double click on the + symbol, and then restart the IDV.
>
> Let me know if this can not fix your problem.
>

> Yuan

Ticket ID: VRM-168678
Department: Support IDV