[IDV #FFM-996543]: IDV plotting

> Hello,
>
> I'm doing undergrad research at Central Michigan University, and I had a
> question on if it is possible to plot the four terms of the Petterssen
> equation of self development on IDV to watch them move over time. I
> tried to do this is GEMPAK and was having difficulty with the proper
> coding of it, so I figured I'd try it on IDV. If this is not possible
> then I totally understand, but it was worth a shot
>

> -Matt Tuftedal

Hi Matt,

     Is this web page something you were thinking about:

http://people.cst.cmich.edu/baxte1ma/fcst/now/ua/4pan_pet/4pan_pet.html

In the IDV, we do have the existing formula to do the Lapalacian and Abs vort
adv , but you need to provide the equation for other two terms.

I can help you to create and add the formula once we know what to do.

Yuan

Ticket ID: FFM-996543