[IDV #VSD-866942]: Seah height data

Chloe,

A few suggestions.

1. Find a machine with more memory capacity.

2. Increase the amount of memory allocated to the IDV (Edit, Preferences, System
Tab). You'll have to restart the IDV after making this change.

3. Subset your data in time and/or space before export.

The IDV was not really designed to be a data conversion tool even though that is
how a lot of people use it. You may wish to look at other programs/applications
that better handle data conversion.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Chloe Thomas
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_65 version:
> 1.8.0_65 j3d:1.6.0-pre10-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> Error message:
> Creating display: Point Data List
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
> Java heap space
>
> Trying to export sea height data for a single day for whole grid of data
> points (1440x720) into excel. Error message came up saying that there
> is not enought memory to export the whole file. How do I export all the
> data that I need with the required resolution?

> Stack trace:

Ticket ID: VSD-866942
Department: Support IDV