[IDV #UJV-462839]: Plotting point weather observations (UNCLASSIFIED)

John,

First off, please update your IDV. It is quite old.

Please upload your data, both netCDF and ASCII to

Also, yes, you should just be able to plot the ASCII data. In fact, here is a
video on how to do so:

https://youtu.be/22TWdFunK3E?list=PLQut5OXpV-0gqVk8LFD6Riv6X3QcAVw_U

It concerns earthquake data, but should be applicable to most CSV/text data.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

PS I think we used to collaborate when I worked on the ATEC project at NCAR-RAL.

> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> I use the Model Evaluation Tools (MET) utility "ASCII2NC" to convert
> weather observations in little_r formatted text files to NetCDF
> format. The files contain the standard location information such as
> latitude, longitude and elevation in addition to the meteorological data
> for many stations at a given hour. I've tried using IDV V4.1 to plot
> this data but it can't seem to handle this data. What do you recommend to
> enable plotting of this data? Can IDV plot the data in little_r formatted
> text files?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mr John W. Raby, Meteorologist
> U.S. Army Research Laboratory