[IDV #DJI-514542]: ISL Time Zone: Progress?

Brendon,

Sorry this took so long to get back to.

I believe this can actually all be done with a bit of Jython.

See the attached bundle and ISL script. Note the 'mytime' function (which could
be further generalized to accept any date format -- right now the format it is
hard coded, but you get the point). You can pass 'mytime' with a date string and
a timezone of your choice
(http://tutorials.jenkov.com/java-date-time/java-util-timezone.html#available-time-zones),
and it will return a date string with the timezone you passed in.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Brendon,
>
> We would like to take a look at this, but it will have to wait until after
> conference season. Speaking of which, will you be at AMS? We could touch base
> in
> New Orleans.
>
> Best,
>
> Unidata IDV Support
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Last year I had asked about the possibility of allowing the user to
> > specify the time zone to display within an ISL script. See ticket IDV
> > #HRH-768092 and
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/idvusers/2014/msg00135.html
> > for reference.
> >
> > Attached is a bundle & ISL script & resulting image.  We currently run
> > the product via cron on a CentOS machine which is using GMT a base
> > timezone.  It would be great to be able to display EST/EDT (or any other
> > timezone of choice) instead of Z time in the resulting image.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brendon
> > --
> > Brendon Hoch, M.S.