[IDV #WAX-506623]: Color bleeds across colored contours unacceptably

Brian,

Thinking about this a bit more, I don't believe there is a bug or problem here.

The color table is being displayed in exactly the manner you wish. In
particular, where you are seeing "blending" are areas where values in the
contour data are actually going back and forth across zero and therefore are
mixed
purple. It is not the colors that are blending, it is the data themselves across
the "zero boundary".

Another way of looking at this is choosing a two tone black and white color
table. The white will fade into the background. You will see grey as the data
approach either side of zero.

Do you buy this theory? :-)

Best,

Unidata IDV Support