[IDV #EGK-579028]: Plotting lightning data from text file

Hi Alexa,

You'll have to do a small bit of work in the layout editor to achieve this
objective. The problem is your data do not contain a parameter associated with
lightning bolt layout model.

After you have selected the Bolts layout model, please edit this layout model.
Do this by choosing the edit option under the layout model selection in the same
area where you selected the Bolts lightning model. This action will bring forth
a Layout Model Editor dialog. (Double?) click on the small lighting symbol
there.

This will bring forth another dialog where the parameter will be listed as
"LIGHTNING".  You will need to change this to "Time".

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Alexa Van Eaton
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi IDV Support, I've been able to successfully plot a text file of
> lightning strokes defined by time, lat, lon. Everything plots fine using
> 'Location' as the layout model, but if I try to use Lightning-->Bolts
> or -->'Fade by time', no symbols actually show up in the animation. Am
> I missing a required field in the text file to be able to plot these
> points as lightning?

Ticket ID: EGK-579028
Department: Support IDV