[IDV #MEJ-402737]: Error loading national radar mosaic in GRIB2 format via Web server (HTTP)

Dave,

That's correct. I believe you either have to host it from a DAP server like
RAMADDA or have the file local.

I'll let Sean chime in as to why the URL access does not work (though this makes
sense to me as just grabbing grb files off the web without any server-side
processing or subsetting would defeat many purposes.)

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: MEJ-402737
Department: Support IDV