[IDV #IGN-775536]: Windows 10

Hi Marty,

I just installed the IDV on a Windows 10 machine that has never seen the
IDV before, and things appear to work just fine. I was able to create a 3D
isosurface of wind speeds from the GFS 0.25 degree output without issue.
Also, no warnings from Windows during the install, so the signed IDV seems
to be working just fine as well.

BTW - this was was the stable release (IDV 5.1u2 from the website).

Cheers,

Sean

> Marty,
>
> Out of curiosity, why do you think the IDV would not work on Windows 10?
>
> In the past, we have had good luck with the IDV working on various flavors of
> Windows. Moreover, if Windows 10 has enhanced security, we have made sure the
> IDV is properly signed on Windows so that should be working too.
>
> Best,
>
> Unidata IDV Support
>
> > Hi Yuan,
> >
> > Will IDV work on Windows 10? Is there a timeline for this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Marty
> > Martin A. Baxter, Ph.D.
> > Associate Professor of Meteorology
> > Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
> > Central Michigan University
> > Office phone: (989) 774-2055
> > http://people.cst.cmich.edu/baxte1ma

Ticket ID: IGN-775536