[IDV #RMI-290185]: Problems of grads ctl file time?

Hello everyone,

The fact that we are seeing differences in Linux versus Windows is an important
clue.

This *may* have something to do with the default locale of the JVM on the
Windows machine.

We occasionally see these sorts of problems especially for dates on
international machines.

I have attached a very simple Java program that may help us solve this.

Please run this command:

C:\Program Files\IDV_5.1u3\jre\bin\java LocaleTest

What is the result?

You can change the default locale on the Windows machine by editing the
C:\Program Files\IDV_5.1u3\runIDV.bat script.

At the bottom of the file, there should be something like this:

jre\bin\java -Xmx%idv_memory%m -XX:PermSize=%idv_maxpermgensize%m
-XX:MaxPermSize=%idv_maxpermgensize%m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC
-Didv.enableStereo=false -jar idv.jar %*

After is says "jre\bin\java", please add

-Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en

What happens?

Best,

Unidata IDV Support