[IDV #ADN-735944]: vertical exaggeration in globe view

> Full Name: Alan Bol
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.0u2\jre version: 1.7.0_51
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem: Hi guys,
> I'm having difficulty controlling the vertical exaggeration of a plot of the
> geoid displayed on a globe. The default is severely exaggerated and doesn't
> respond to the vertical exaggeration control.
> I'm using the 3-d color-filled contoured parameter as topography, displayed
> on a globe.
> I've attached a data file (low res).
> thanks,
> alan

Alan,

      You can use 3-d color-filled contoured parameter over topography, and
select Formula > Misc > Any Field as your topo, when the window popup, you can
select the same geoid field. When the display is created, you will not see much
3D surface. But, you can now change the Vertical Exaggreation to "10000" by
enter this number. The result should be what you expected.

Yuan

Ticket ID: ADN-735944
Department: Support IDV