[IDV #PRR-229932]: IDV - Conversion of NetCDF to Excel

> Hello,
>
> My name is Rebecca Boyd and I came to Unidata with Professor Jing Li last
> Friday. I know there is a way to use IDV to convert NetCDF files to Excel
> files, however I cannot seem to find the tool I was shown to do this. I am
> working with an Excel Water Balance Model, and need to convert the precip
> and temp NARCCAP data into Excel format in order to input them into the
> model. I am running IDV 5.0u2 on a MacBook Pro version 10.10.2. I also have
> a desktop PC for when things can't be run on the Mac. I would attach one of
> my precip files, however even the compressed file is too large to send via
> email.
>
> Thank you,
> Rebecca Boyd

Rebecca,
         You load the dataset from the Dashboard > Data Chooser, under the
Field Selector, you can select Formulas > Export > Export Grid to Excel, in the
Displays, you can select any type, such as Plan Views > Contour Plan View, you
will see a popup window for entering the excel file name, and so on....

Let us know if you need further help.

Yuan

Ticket ID: PRR-229932
Department: Support IDV