[IDV #XPY-248639]: Office 2013 and IDV 5.0

Julian,

Thanks for providing the screenshot. Unfortunately, I was hoping the error
message would provide us with more information. Are you sure you are running the
64 bit Windows version of the IDV?

Here is something else you can try:

Open a Command Prompt window.

Change directory to where the IDV is installed

cd C:\Program Files\IDV_5.0u2\

and run the following command

jre\bin\java -cp idv.jar ucar.unidata.idv.IdvCommandLinePrefs

What is the result?

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Good afternoon,
>
> I have ran runIDV.bat from the GUI and nothing happens I also ran it from
> the cmd and it says to contact support as seen below
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> Do you have any users that use this along side of lync 2013. it seems there
> is an compatability issue with both.
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Angela,
> >
> > When running runIDV.bat, you probably got an error message. What was that
> > error?
> >
> > My guess is you should probably be running the 64 bit version if it is a
> > fairly
> > recent computer.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> > > Good day Unidata Support,
> > >
> > > I am experiencing some issues with IDV.  After installing Office 2013 and
> > > launching Lync, IDV will not start. I have tried a 64 and 32 bit version,
> > > but neither work.  Also, upon running runIDV.bat nothing happened.
> > >
> > > Please advise on how to resolve this issue.
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > > *Angela Reside*
> > >
> > > Weather Studies Analyst
> > >
> > > *Applied Weather Technology, Inc.*