[IDV #HEQ-354163]: IDV Earlier Versions

Paul,

Running older versions of the IDV is not recommended.

I am curious to know what errors you are running into. It may be a simple matter
of updating your graphics card driver.

On the computers in question, please download and install the latest version of
the IDV corresponding to your operating system.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

After installation, open a Command Prompt window.

Run the program

C:\Program Files\IDV_52\runIDV.bat

What errors do you see?

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Greetings,
>
> I used IDV 7 years ago to teach Meteorology.  Now I am teaching
> Meteorology again, but version 4 and 5 require graphics (openGL version
> and hardware acceleration) beyond my lab computers (Windows 7 Professional
> on i3).  Do you have any versions older than 4 archived so that I could
> use the version that worked fine for me 7 years ago?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul Dahlen

> Paul Dahlen
> Sts. Peter & Paul High School